Moving into 1902 Washington Avenue was a tactical move on our part. The ploy began to develop as we formulated our strategic approach to pursue the Washington Avenue (WAve) Livable Centers project. More determined that we’ve ever been to win a project we decided we needed to move our HQ, well actually our one and only office, to WAve. We scoured the streets until we found a likely candidate. We contacted the owner, Frank Liu, of Lovett Homes/Commercial, and Frank loved the idea of turning the 1930′s red brick building into a functioning office space. Empty for over five year, the building had definitely seen better days, but we all saw huge potential and Frank and his team dedicated themselves to making it work.
Since that first phone call there have been many changes and many fun events at the corner of Washington and Silver. Here’s just a sprinkling of the activity:
- Empty Lot Clean Up at Center and Silver
- Container Garden Installation
- Open House, 2011
- Street Art Installation on south and east sides
- Bicycle Friendly Business Award
- Washington Avenue Livable Centers Study Open House!
- Black Hole Art Installation in Silver St. parking lot
- Open House, 2012
- Featured as one of Houston’s Coolest Places to Work in Bisnow Newsletter