Kumbh Mela: Mapping the Ephemeral MEGACITY Features work by Alykhan Mohamed.
BioCity Issue 60 (2014) Features an article by Zakcq Lockrem (in Japanese).
BioCity Issue 57 (2014) Edited by Asakura Robinson. Featuring articles by Keiji Asakura, Zakcq Lockrem, Eric Leshinsky and Akiko Ishii (in Japanese).
Social Design Field Guide (2013) featuring work by Alykhan Mohamed.
Cite Magazine Issue 90 (2012) edited by Zakcq Lockrem with Barry Moore and Matt Johnson and featuring an article by Zakcq Lockrem with Mathew Tejada and Jay Crossley.
Location Matters – The Importance of Complete Streets and Livable Centers to Green Building (2011) Zakcq Lockrem with Robin Holzer. Journal of Green Building
An Atlas of Possibility for the Future of New York (2011) featuring an article by Zakcq Lockrem, with Christina Calabrese and Alexandra Miller.
Ecological Urbanism (2010) featuring an article by Zakcq Lockrem.
No Zoning: Artists Engage Houston (2009) featuring an article by Eric Leshinsky.
Asakura Robinson Studies, Reports, and Research
- The purpose of the Master Plan is to create a physical framework for the programs and operations of the museum. It is important to...more
- The South Central Waterfront (SCW) is bound for change. In fact, change is rapidly underway. The South Central Waterfront Vision Framework Plan is...more
- This Livable Centers Study presents a vision for revitalizing this area and shows what the City of Rosenberg, its businesses, and its...more
- Pittsburgh’s Vacant Lot Toolkit is an implementation item of the City of Pittsburgh’s OPEN SPACE PLAN (2013), and is an overall strategy to temporarily...more
- The policy recommendations in this document address the first objective of the Vacant Lot Toolkit – to clarify and refine the City’s processes and policies...more
- Though geographically adjacent, the Fifth Ward and East End communities, one historically African-American, the other Latino, developed independently of one another. The...more
- The Sawyer Street Vision was initiated out of the completion of the Washington Avenue Livable Centers Study, which was developed around five central...more
- This neighborhood revitalization project developed out of a series of community visioning projects funded by the Houston-Galveston Area Council in 2011. Our role...more
- As part of Harris County Flood Control District’s restoration of a native prairie at the Willow Waterhole Stormwater Detention Facility, Asakura Robinson...more
- The Southern Downtown/ CBD Public Realm Plan was prepared by Asakura Robinson for the Houston Downtown Management District. As is common in many...more
- The Houston-Galveston Area Council partnered with the Texas Department of transportation (TxDOT) and the West Fort Bend Management District (WFBMD) to conduct an...more
- To support METRO in improving bicycle access to the transit system, this study has been undertaken to understand existing system users, key factors driving...more
- This guidebook is a compilation of lessons learned, insights, exercises and resources developed and implemented during a series of workshops hosted by the Community...more
- The communities of Fort Bend County have been one of the true success stories of the Houston region, and have built upon important...more
- This Environmental Design Master Plan presents strategies and recommendations to help the Five Corners District, located in south Houston, strengthen its identity as...more
- The FM 1092 Access Management Study was sponsored by the City of Stafford and the Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC). The study team developed the recommendations outlined...more
- Springwoods Village, a major new community under construction north of Houston, will be one of the greenest mixed-use developments in the country. Following...more
- The Washington Avenue Livable Centers Study has provided the community with an opportunity to build a vision for the area’s future development, while respecting...more
- The following steps should be taken by the Northside Management District, City and area stakeholders in the near (0-5 years) and medium...more
- The Study seeks to build off of this resource with focused public and private improvements that guide short and long-term growth. The...more
- Houston’s East End is one of the cities oldest neighborhoods. Historically Latino and in the shadow of downtown, this neighborhood has seen significant...more
- Houston is one of the fastest growing municipalities in North America, economically and demographically. Notwithstanding that, it is becoming increasingly evident that its historical growth...more